Initial CRM Contact Management Process
I suggest your users take these steps. When you go to upload contacts, the categorization avoids uploading “mom” or “grandma”.
- Create a Category called Personal
- In any view, on the Home tab, in the Tags group, click Categorize, and then click All Categories.
- Click New and in the Name box, type “Personal”. Click the color that you want and click OK twice.
- On all Personal contacts within Outlook, set the Category of Personal.
- Right Click on the Contact, and select Category > Personal
Export the Contacts to Excel
- In Outlook, Click File > Open and Export > Import/Export
- Select “Export to a File”
- Click Next. Leave default selection on “Comma Separated Values” and click Next
- Select the “Contacts” item under your mailbox name and select Next
- Click on “Browse” To Select a Location to Export you Excel file
*I would recommend the desktop*
- Click “Finish” leaving the default field mapping box checked
- Outlook will put the file to your desktop!