BackupExec – move installation from system to another on a different server with a different server name
- In Backup Exec on the older system installation do the following:
- Update or determine the latest build Backup Exec is currently running.
- Go to HELP | ABOUT | Run LiveUpdate to install the latest Service Pack and/or Hotfixes.
- Go to HELP | ABOUT | Installed Updates and note the services packs and Hotfixes installed.
- Launch servicesmgr.exe (default location: C:Program FilesSymantecBackup Exec) and click Stop All Services.
- Stop the 'SQL Server (BKUPEXEC)' Service from within the Windows Services console.
- Copy the Data and Catalog folders to a temporary location outside of the Program FilesSymantec folder on the New system.
We can all easily google to know how add a mapped drive- net use <driveletter>: \<servername><share> (more…)
So now that you have test lync server, you will want to buy licenses and ensure your environment stays online. To convert your trial to a regular standard or enterprise license follow these steps- (more…)
User Configuration - Policies - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Internet Explorer - Internet Control Panel - Security Page Unfortunatly IE 10 IE Maintenance which turned out to be a problem for us as that is where all of ours were set. When that was taken away IE 10 put a lot of defaults. It gave us some serious headaches for a few days trying to relocate them. (more…)
One of our recently completed projects was Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 migration and deployment. As is customary with a new Exchange deployment, a new security certificate for the new Server where Exchange 2010 resides needed to be generated. There are a few options for obtaining/generating a security certificates. If you decide, however, to not entertain the idea of acquiring a third-party certificate as an option, you will need to generate the certificate from the server itself. (more…)