Initial CRM Contact Management Process
I suggest your users take these steps. When you go to upload contacts, the categorization avoids uploading "mom" or "grandma".
- Create a Category called Personal
- In any view, on the Home tab, in the Tags group, click Categorize, and then click All Categories.
- Click New and in the Name box, type “Personal”. Click the color that you want and click OK twice.
- On all Personal contacts within Outlook, set the Category of Personal.
- Right Click on the Contact, and select Category > Personal
"Database cannot be started in this edition of SQL Server" error when restoring or Upgrading a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 database
I followed my own article here for upgrading from SQL Evaluation to SQL Standard. I had my Dynamics 2013 environment already stood up and unexpectedly already used for development work. After the 'upgrade' steps, the database appeared to be in (suspect) mode and I didn't have a backup (but a checkpoint via hyperv at least). Anyway, I uninstalled the SQL Standard from programs and features. Reinstalled the Evaluation version (which is Enterprise by the way) and ran this script on Microsoft's support site against the CRM databases. I then followed my article and the databases successfully stayed in normal operating non-suspect mode. (more…)