To add a certification authority administrator
- Open Certification Authority.
- In the console tree, click the name of the certification authority (CA)
- Certification Authority (Computer)/CA name
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, in Group or user names, confirm that Administrators is selected, and then click Add.
- In Permissions for Administrators, type the name of the group or user you want to make a CA Administrator, and then click OK.
- In Permissions for Added User or Group, for Manage CA, select the Allow check box.
- To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority. If the computer is joined to a domain, members of the Domain Admins group might be able to perform this procedure. As a security best practice, consider using Run as to perform this procedure.
- To open Certification Authority, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Certification Authority.